Monday, May 16, 2011

The List

I'm always thinking about the things I want to do in the new house once we move in, and even though I'm not a list person, I need to keep a list going. (Thanks to Young House Love for the inspiration.) So here goes! This is just a free-thinking, no-timetables-imposed kind of list. Some things are small. Some are huge. Some might cost a ton of money. Some I could score from Craig's List or Ebay. It might be years before some things happen. Some things we could do fairly quickly. Time will tell! And I'll update this list as I go along.

1. Paint Seth's room
2. Paint William's room
3. Paint office/guest room
4. Paint chair rail and molding in hallway and office/guest room
5. Paint master bedroom
6. Buy new white bedding for master bedroom (so the room will look polished until we get around to painting it) I want to paint it to match what we already have. I'd like to eventually get a new carpet for the room, though.
7. Paint master bathroom
8. Get new shower curtain/bathroom accessories for kids' bathroom (The people that lived there left a cute, colorful shower curtain that matches the yellow walls. I like it! I replaced the liner and will probably get new towels to match.)
9. Consider new bed for Seth's room
10. Buy wardrobe for William's room (live with it for a while to see if we need one) (See 29 below)
11. Buy baskets and inserts for Ikea shelves in playroom.
12. Buy porch furniture
13. Dig out patio beds and make plan for planting (after figuring out lighting on the patio)
14. Maybe remove some patio squares in far corner of patio to make space for the sandbox
15. Buy anti-gravity chairs and umbrella (?) for the upstairs deck (I bought the chairs this weekend. Ed has to decide if he likes them or not. (He likes them!) They were only $54 each and I had a 30 percent off coupon, so I went ahead and got them. I always end up regretting it when I don't make a commitment to buy something, and I can always take them back.)
16. Get new bedding for William's room
17. Get breezy, light curtains/drapes for the living room
18. Get a really big piece of art for the hallway wall
19. Figure out where to hang photo collages of the boys. (Make years 2 and 3 for Seth)
20. Frame family pictures and make a grouping in the hallway (wall between study/guest room and bathroom)
21. Remove wallpaper from downstairs bathroom and repaint.
22. Find new chair for living room
23. See if sofa cushion covers can be drycleaned.
24. Get a comfortable pull-out sofa for office/guest bedroom
25. Get a new desk for office and possibly for upstairs sitting room
26. Buy new runner for the stairs
27. Convert coffee table into upholstered ottoman
28. DIY decorative wainscoting in dining room.
29. Put over-the-door shoe rack on William's door, and move the hooks to the wall. This will provide space for shoes, jackets, backpack, etc.
30. Figure out how to hang a shoe rack in the space between the book shelf and the wall in the playroom.
31. Get side tables for living room and office/guest room.
32. Get mirrors for boys' bathroom and Ed's sink. (Previous owners took mirrors with them. Wasn't expecting that!)
33. Get mirror jewelry box that hangs on the wall. (Something like this.)

3 comments:

  1. This list will prove invaluable when you (busy Mom) suffer from a sudden case of CRS. Just you wait and see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! I still have my handwritten list from when we moved here four years ago - it's neat to look back and to see what we've done, decided not to do, and still want to do! So excited for you guys. Feel free to touch base with me when you get to number 13! You know I love that stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS - My new favorite garden center is in Olney! I see a day in the future when all three of your guys can hang at the in-laws' house and I can take you to Johnson's to pick out plants for your patio beds! Wheeee! :)

    ReplyDelete